December 6, 2010

Dang, it's been a good couple of years! [About Me]

As I am preparing the house for Christmas and getting ready to move to London at New Year, I decided that now would be a good time to reflect on the last couple years. I left the US in February 2009. Then, I was a student at Penn State working on my PhD. Well, I suppose I will technically be a grad student at Penn State until graduation next May 2011 when I officially become Dr. Dean (oh yeah!). Regardless, it was that February when this Oregon girl left Pennsylvania, left this whole country to live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Since then I've been so lucky to travel to Uruguay, throughout Argentina, as well as to parts of England I had yet to see. I've seen some amazing places and made some great friends. My only regret is that I didn't take advantage of it enough. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to spend the rest of my life making up for that mistake. And how lucky I am to have such a great partner in crime to continue to travel and explore with me. Si, you're my geekqual. You know.

It has been a great past couple of years and I need to remind myself of that more often. Here are a few snaps to share.

Simon and I in London, August 2009








Puente de la Mujer, Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires

























Tanicu Festival, Santiago del Estero, Argentina
October 2009

Simon and I in Punta del Este, Uruguay
November 2009

















I taught myself how to make homemade gnocchi for Si's 30th. 
















Tour of Widmer Brewery, Portland, Oregon
Thanksgiving 2010

















Notice the large gap between Si's 30th and his trip to the states for this last Thanksgiving. AAAAH, of course, my dissertation took over. Well, yet another tragedy that I'll have to make up for. Dear Santa: I would like a new digital camera for Christmas so I might take more photos of our adventures from here on out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment